'clarins splendours colour quartet and colour palette review swatch photo'
clarins splendours colour quartet and colour palette review swatch photo
clarins splendours colour quartet and colour palette review swatch photo

As soon as I saw this eye palette I did a bit of a gasp. Beau-ti-ful. Just beautiful. The Clarins summer collection is inspired by South America and the Aztec's. The Eye Palette is a quartet of four shimmer shades including a copper, a pale gold, a rose gold and a deep plum and a dark plummy black eyeliner. Presented in the classic Clarins packaging and the shadows embossed with the theme of the Splendours collection.  All the shades are butter soft and pigmented, they apply well without a primer and really last all day. The shades can be mixed and matched to create a simple everyday look or a more smokey evening look. In the photos I've used the copper shade on the lid then darkened up the outer corner and lined the lower lash line with the plum. I really like the warmth and depth it gives to the eyes and how pretty it looks applied. I've worn the shades in a few different ways too including the pale gold on the lid and the copper in the crease, the plum on it's own with the eyeliner shade to darken and smoke it out a bit.

Overall I really like this palette and I wouldn't highly recommend it. The warm tones shades will really compliment tanned skin and add warmth and depth to the eyes. I think it's really versatile and very easy to wear. I can see the tones suiting a variety of skin tones and tastes. At £31 it's not the cheapest of neutral summer palettes out their but I really cant fault the quality or the design. So far this is my favourite summer limited edition eye palette!